Safeguarding in Stamford Methodist Circuit
It is the Methodist Church’s intention to value every human being as part of God’s creation and the whole people of God. At the heart of the Methodist community is a deep sense of the place of welcome, hospitality and openness, which demonstrates the nature of God’s grace and love for all.
Our church communities are called to be places where the transformational love of God is embodied and life in all its fullness is a gift, which is offered to all people. Safeguarding is about the action the Church takes to promote a safer culture. This means we will:
• promote the welfare of children, young people and adults
• work to prevent abuse from occurring
• seek to protect and respond well to those that have been abused.
We are committed to:
• the care and nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children, young people and adults
• the safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
• the establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is informed vigilance as to the dangers of abuse.
Circuit Safeguarding Officer: Charlotte Davis.
Contact details: SMCSafeguarding@gmail.com or 0797 606 4410.
Charlotte supports the circuit in its safeguarding duties as well as the church safeguarding officers.
If you need to report a safeguarding concern, request a DBS check or need training, please contact Charlotte.
Each church has their own Safeguarding Officer (see individual church page).
Useful safeguarding documents and links:
For Group/Event Leaders and Property Committees:
For Church Safeguarding Officers:
For more Methodist safeguarding forms, please go to:
If you need alternative versions of the above documents, or have any queries about them, please contact our Circuit Safeguarding Officer: SMCSafeguarding@gmail.com.
Discrimination and Abuse
Are you experiencing any harm, discrimination or abuse? Contact now for support.
020 7467 5131 or firstname.lastname@example.org